Admissions to Diploma Program:
The admission process usually starts with the issue of the notification for admission by the Directorate of Technical Education, Bangalore in leading news papers of the State. The advertisement generally appears in and around the dates of announcement of Secondary School Leaving Certificate results conducted by the State Govt. It may be some time in the last week of April or First week of May or around that period. The announcement is also made on the website of the Directorate. The polytechnic websites will also carry the details of admission notification in their respective sites.
Applications for admission will be available in all the offices of Government and aided Polytechnics of the State. The applications may be purchased in any polytechnic and sent to any other Nodal center polytechnic. Xerox copies of the applications will not be considered. You may apply to any other nodal center as you want.
Duration of the Courses
• All the courses are of SIX Semesters (Three Years) duration.
• Medium of Instruction : English
Eligibility for Admission
• Pass in Karnataka SSLC or Equivalent Examinations.
• Pass in ITI (Lateral entry for III semester).
• Candidate must be a citizen of India.
• Must have passed Karnataka SSLC or equivalent examination. Candidates other than Karnataka SSLC have to produce eligibility certificate obtained from the Board of Technical Examinations, Bangalore before admission.
• Must have studied for at least five full academic years in Karnataka between 1st standard and qualifying examination.
Procedure for Admission:
• Admission to diploma courses is based on merit in each category of reservation. Out of the total seats 50% of the seats are reserved for various groups of the society. Remaining 50% of the seats are allotted based on the marks scored in the SSLC for technical Courses. For admission to non technical courses also total marks scored by the candidate in SSLC is taken into consideration.
• The selection of candidates for aided courses will made through online interactive counseling centers as per guidelines given by Government of Karnataka
• The selection of candidates for unaided courses will be made by the management as per the rules prescribed by the Government of Karnataka.
A detailed instruction is issued along with the admission application forms.